Welcome to the James Island Elementary School Counseling Program!
As the school counselor, I have the privilege of working with all students at JIES through through whole school assemblies, classroom lessons and for individual or small group counseling.
Why Might a Child See the School Counselor?
Reasons a child may see the elementary school counselor may include:
- Behavioral and/or learning difficulties
- Help with peer relationships/social skills
- Low self-esteem
- Worry or anxiety
- A family concern, such as parental separation or divorce
- Crisis intervention
- Any other concern that is interfering with the child’s ability to learn
How Does a Student get Referred to the School Counselor?
Students are seen by the counselor when:
Individual or small group counseling is voluntary, and confidential. Questions, comments or want to volunteer? Please contact by calling 762-8256, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents request and indicate a need and desire that the counselor meet with their children.
- Students request to see the counselor.
- Teachers, administrators, or other school staff refer the student.